Monday 25 October 2010

Johanna Basford


This is a designer I looked at a couple of years ago, starting this project I decided to go back and take another look. Within the last two years she has come a long way with her designs. Looking on her website I was amazed at the volume of her work and the amount of different commissions she has done recently.
She works predominately in black and white and in pen and ink. She has confessed that she is not a technical whizz when it comes to computer programs and using things such as vectors, and prefers working by hand. This is something I relate with completely as that is the area I am lacking confidence in at the moment. Although I think I am going to concentrate on getting to grips with the computers this week and try and progress further with my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment